Saturday, September 15, 2007

The National Post's Woman Issue



On Saturday, I did something that I haven't done in a while... I bought a newspaper. What could have possibly caused me to do such a thing when the internet is such a wonderful source of news? Well, nothing but The National Post's Woman Issue (watch the slideshow on the main page - it's very interesting!).


Yes, that's right! The National Post devoted an entire issue to women! It was fabulous - chock full with statistics about where women are today as well as, with short interviews at the top of every page with a number of women about why they are happy to be women today. Well, I can't say all it was exactly what I would have created for a women's issue - there was definitely not enough articles talking about the current problems facing women around the world, or even non-white women in Canada- I must say it was refreshing to see a national newspaper taking women seriously as a subject and devoting their entire weekend issue to them.


Seeing as the paper that I bought was the last one in the streetcorner box on Saturday and it was only 10:00am... I think it probably went over well for them. I hope other newspapers will follow suit and devote more column space to issues that affect women!


Here's a round-up of some interesting articles:




The challenge of choice



Women's Problems with Infertility



Female Sexuality



How to balance work and kids



Enjoy!

No comments: